how can my fiance get his record cleard

UPDATED: Jun 13, 2009

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Jun 13, 2009Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

how can my fiance get his record cleard

how can my fiance get a sex charge off his record that he did not do and the girl was 1 day away from being 18 and her family was the lawyer and the judge can someone please help me with this… i am also pregnant with his unborn child anything can help

Asked on June 13, 2009 under Criminal Law, Ohio


M.D., Member, California and New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 13 years ago | Contributor

You didn't state what the charge was; however, in Ohio, sexual assault charges cannot be "expunged" (cleared) from your record. 

I'm a bit confused here.  In Ohio, the age of consent is 16 years old.  So I don't know why a charge was brought in the first place against your boyfriend.  You don't seem to have all of the facts.  Maybe the girl was under 16?  However, one thing that do I do know is that your boyfriend would not have a criminal record if he did not commit a crime.

You need to get the facts straight and then consult with an attorney in your area about all of this.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption