How can I unfreeze an account wrongfully frozen?

UPDATED: Sep 18, 2011

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

How can I unfreeze an account wrongfully frozen?

This is about garnishment for an employee of mine. I am in AZ and got a charge on my bank account called a “Legal Order LTS”. It is a freeze due to garnishment of an employee. They say because I, as the employer, did not show in court and did not deduct the garnishment amount from the employee paycheck. I didn’t do it and instead responded by certified mail to court and other parties. The fact is that I don’t have an employee with these IDs; what I have is different. They didn’t care and had the hearing anyway and judgement was made against the company. So they are trying to get it from my business account.

Asked on September 18, 2011 under Bankruptcy Law, Arizona


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 11 years ago | Contributor

If there has been an order against your business and your busienss account concerning a wage garnishment concerning an employee of yours that you as the owner did not deduct the percentage of his or her paycheck per state guidelines where a resulting order has been issued against your company for this, you need to immediately retain an attorney familiar with debt collection issues.

The attorney that is retained will need to file pleadings to set aside the order against your company stating the factual basis for the reasons that the wage garnishment upon the supposed employee was not honored.

I suggest that you retain this attorney sooner rather than later.

Good luck.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption