How can I see my girlfriend?

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

How can I see my girlfriend?

My girlfriend was recently admitted to
the stress unit for a psyc evaluation.
Every since then her family won’t allow
any contact with me what so ever. She
wants to see me because I went to her
mom’s but they flipped out and took her
in the house.. they won’t even let her
near a phone.. is there anything I can

Asked on January 17, 2019 under Personal Injury, Missouri


SJZ, Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 3 years ago | Contributor

YOu can't do anything: being her "boyfriend" is not a legally recognized relationship and does not give you any rights vis-a-vis her. If she is in for psychological evaluation, her family has the right to control her visitors; if they won't let her have any contact with you, you can't override their decision. If/when she is released, she can then see you, of course.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption