How can i reduce an exhibition of speed ticket in kansas?

UPDATED: Sep 30, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Sep 30, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

How can i reduce an exhibition of speed ticket in kansas?

I was wondering how can i get out of/ reduce
an exhibition of speed ticket. I was acclerating
quickly one night in ny mustang and got pulled
over, he didnt know how fast i was going and i
told him i didnt know. He gave me a ticket for
exhibition of speed. How can I reduce the
insurance points or get out of it in all? The
incident was in Wichita, Kansas at 1045pm on
a friday night. Pulled over by city police. Thank

Asked on May 20, 2017 under General Practice, Kansas


SJZ, Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 5 years ago | Contributor

"Fighting" the ticket, as in pleading not-guilty and hoping the state/government can't prove its case, rarely works: in my experience, police officers are generally taken to be truthful and reliable witnesses, and if they say you were speeding, a court will generally agree. 
But prosectors and courts tend to be very reasonable about deals, especially if you are willing to trade off a larger fine for not having points. When you show up for court, speak to the prosecutor. You hopefully have an otherwise clean driving record and can stress that; also state that you don't believe you were speeding at the time, but were simply accelerating quickly (for some good reason which you should state: e.g. to get to highway speed after merging); there is a good chance you will be offered the opportunity to plead to an offense with fewer, or possibly no, points.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption