How can I qualify for a pro bono divorce lawyer if my husband abandoned our family?

UPDATED: Jul 21, 2012

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Jul 21, 2012Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

How can I qualify for a pro bono divorce lawyer if my husband abandoned our family?

Husband left family, doesn’t support mortgage payment, child support,or food. How can I qualify and find pro bono divorce and child support lawyer if I have 8 people in a household and I make less then $40K per year.

Asked on July 21, 2012 under Family Law, New Jersey


Anthony Van Johnson / VANJOHNSON LAW FIRM, L.L.C.

Answered 10 years ago | Contributor

Your question is how you can go about retaining the services of an attorney on a "pro bono" basis. In the State of Georgia, you may contact "Legal Aid", and they will make a determination as to whether you qualify for their services.  You may also contact State and local Bar Associations to inquire as to any attorneys who may be willing to provide pro bono representation for a contested divorce.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption