How can I know if my husband has divorced me.

UPDATED: Mar 3, 2016

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Mar 3, 2016Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

How can I know if my husband has divorced me.

My name Wendy Lopez Balcazar
Martinez, bday 5/22/68
Husband Frank Martinez
Bday 2/05/69

Asked on March 3, 2016 under Family Law, Texas


B.H.F., Member, Texas State Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 7 years ago | Contributor

The district clerks in each county are charged with maintaining the records for the divorces in that county.  Many offer online judicial records searches, while others you have to call and obtain their procedures.  You need to call the clerk(s) of the county where you or your husband resided.  If that is no fruitful, you can also reach out to the Texas Bureau of Vital Statistics and ask them to do a search.  Hypothetically, once a divorce is granted, they are supposed to be notified.  However, keep in mind that this is a manual reporting process in some counties... which means that it's not 100% accurate... but it's a good search engine.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption