How can I get my child returned home from an ex-parte hearing?

UPDATED: Aug 27, 2012

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Aug 27, 2012Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

How can I get my child returned home from an ex-parte hearing?

The other parent who lives in another county was suppossed to return our child after 3 weeks but didn’t. He instead moved and will not tell me where. He kidnapped our child, filed an ex-parte hearing and then contacted CPS. His allegations were from when we had prior CPS involvement, whom terminated his reunification services and granted me full sole physical legal of our child. Now he has temporary custody. How the heck is that possilble?

Asked on August 27, 2012 under Family Law, California


M.T.G., Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 10 years ago | Contributor

Unbelievably but it did.  And I think that the thing for you to do as soon as you can is to hire an attorney to help you sort out this mess and file the necessary paperwork for return and help you file charges against the other parent should the charges filed be found to be false.  I am sure that that is a violation of some law and a punishable crime.  Good luck.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption