How can I prove my income?

UPDATED: Sep 11, 2012

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Sep 11, 2012Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

How can I prove my income?

HI. I am a permanent resident here. I am sponsoring my spouse to come here as an immigrant next year or the year after. I have found that I need to have an annual income of $23,800 with my little son to sponsor her. I have enough income but my employer pays a lot of it in cash. So at the end of year when I file tax can I file it as self employed income, so that my income reaches close to $24,000? Is there any documents I have present to declare my self-earned income or not?

Asked on September 11, 2012 under Immigration Law, Virginia


Harun Kazmi / Kazmi and Sakata Attorneys at Law

Answered 10 years ago | Contributor

Not likely, unless you can shows your assets, such as your bank accounts. In addition, the income requirements generally goes up in the Spring each year. If you have any questions, feel free to email anytime:

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption