How can we stop harassment of our business by a competitor?

UPDATED: Sep 24, 2014

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Sep 24, 2014Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

How can we stop harassment of our business by a competitor?

I run an independent auto repair facility, and currently have a service manager at a large dealership (one of our “competitors”) maliciously harassing us. There was a misunderstanding of sorts, and every since he has continuously tried to throw us under the bus with the corporate lawyers of the vehicles we work on, as well as post false reviews on line about our company. Is there any legal recourse that we have to get him to stop?

Asked on September 24, 2014 under Business Law, Nevada


MD, Member, California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 8 years ago | Contributor

If there are defamatory statements being made of verbal defamation being made and you have proof, then I would have an attorney issue a cease and desist letter to this person and his employer indicating the activity must stop or you will pursue legal action.   

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption