What to do if I need a quick a divorce which includes child support and alimony?

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What to do if I need a quick a divorce which includes child support and alimony?

We have 2 kids. I am not working right now so I cannot afford a lawyer. Do lawyers do pro bono work?

Asked on September 11, 2011 under Family Law, Texas


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 12 years ago | Contributor

If you cannot afford a lawyer for a marital dissolution with child support, child custody, child visitation and spousal support issues and need assistance for such a proceeding, you should do the following:

1. contact your county bar association to see if it can assist you with pro bono assistance with what you need;

2. contact your state bar association to see if it can refer you to some organization that could assist you;

3. see if there ia a "legal aid" program that can assist you in your county;

4. go online and do research regarding forms for filing a petition for dissolution child custody, child support and spousal support;

5. go to your county law library and ask the librarian to assist you with the needed forms to file your petition for dissolution with child support/custodial issues and spousal support.

Good luck.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption