Can a arson that a person committted at the age of 13 be sealed?

UPDATED: Jan 2, 2012

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Jan 2, 2012Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Can a arson that a person committted at the age of 13 be sealed?

I was not arrested or fingerprinted for that case only put on probation for 6 months does that mean this is a misdemeanor? It was for burning a bag of chips in school.

Asked on January 2, 2012 under Criminal Law, California


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 11 years ago | Contributor

In all states in this country juvenile criminal records and convictions are sealed by court order and cannot be unsealed unless there is a court order to that effect.

If you were charged with arson (burning a bag of potato chips) at school where you were put on probation for six months, there is the possibility that if you have no further trouble with law enforcement in the stated time period that you will not end up with a juvenile convicition record. I suggest that you carefully read the court order relating to your probation. There you will most likely find your answer.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption