Having false accusations made against me and fellow employees.

UPDATED: May 29, 2009

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: May 29, 2009Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Having false accusations made against me and fellow employees.

A fellow employee is accusing me and others of falsifying over time records, this is the second time we have been investigated. The first time was by out supervisor, who found no wrond doing on our part. This time we had to go to the local police station to be question by an investigator. I am wondering if there is anything that we can do to stop this from happening again in the future. This employee is always stirring up trouble on the job with accusations against others.

Asked on May 29, 2009 under Personal Injury, Oklahoma


J.V., Member, New Jersey Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 13 years ago | Contributor

Being as I am not totally sure of the specifics in this case I would advise consulting a local attorney who will often times provide a free consultation.  Although as you describe outside of pursuing this internally with HR and possibly speaking to the manager or whomever you would address concerns with you may not have much to proceed with.

However being as I am sure there is a lot more to this than you were able to write in your question it may be worth the time to look into speaking with an attorney. If it has gotten to the point of harassment or something else you and the other involved may be able to at least start an action that will entice this individual to back off a bit

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption