havent been paid for my hours for working

UPDATED: Sep 30, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Sep 30, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

havent been paid for my hours for working

hi my name is mike i had been working for a company called npm staffing 3 weeks ago i worked some hours for them and i was to be paid on april13 2017 well the check never came i talked to the payroll dept and the guy said if it is not here by the 20 call him so he can send another check out its only coming from san diego ca. to az i know it only takes 3 days 4 at the most to get here from calif.well i called him back only to get his voice mail saying leave a detailed message and he will get back to hoever has called well i have been calling since the 20 it is now the 24 and nobody in the payroll has called and asked what is going on i think they are ignoring me and laughing about the whole this well im about ready to get evicted because that check is part of my rent what can i do.

Asked on April 25, 2017 under Employment Labor Law, Arizona


SJZ, Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 5 years ago | Contributor

You can try filing a complaint with the state department of labor, who may be able to help you, since the law requires employers to pay their employees on a timely basis. But the dept. of labor is a government beauracracy, and may not move as quick as you'd like; you may have better luck filing a small claims lawsuit against the employer. You can act as your own attorney ("pro se") to save on costs, and small claims cases can move fairly quickly. In the case, you can seek not just the wages, but also the filing costs for bringing the case, plus any amounts you can prove were due to their failure to pay you on time (such as if you incurred any late or NSF charges from not having money).

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption