Harrassment by phone

UPDATED: Apr 23, 2009

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Harrassment by phone

i pressed charge on a lover after punch me in my nose. I called him twice that afternoon and about 4 times the following day. I was simpy trying to squash the hold thing and provide him with an oppurtunity to receive him watch that fell off after he hit me that he ran and left. Can this be harrassment.

Asked on April 23, 2009 under Criminal Law, Florida


J.V., Member, New Jersey Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 13 years ago | Contributor

Each state has a different statute governing what is considered harassment. However your best option is to probably hire or at least consult with a local attorney with regard to the specifics of your case to see if there is an issue with harassment.

I am assuming he is charging you with harassment which is why you are inquiring. If this is the case my other advice is that in order to actually have a charge stick so to speak certain elements must be met. From what you said it appears you did not intend to harass him and simply wanted to return a watch that was his. If in fact this is being pursued again hire an attorney and simply be honest. From what you said there was no mental element being satisfied with regard to harassment.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption