Greater Philadelphia Association of Realtors

UPDATED: May 20, 2009

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: May 20, 2009Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Greater Philadelphia Association of Realtors

If an agent hangs their license in a Philadelphia office, is it required that they be a member of GPAR? I have heard both yes and no from different sources. And is there a place online where it is spelled out so I can get this cleared up once and for all?

Asked on May 20, 2009 under Real Estate Law, Pennsylvania


J.V., Member, New Jersey Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 13 years ago | Contributor

you should look at This will tell you all you need to know about gpar, membership, benefits, etc.

I suggest contacting a local real estate attorney in the Philadelphia area to ask what specifically is required in this instance although it appears membership is not required. However a phone call would be free and i am sure any attorney would be happy to answer your question

In short however I do not believe you need to be a member simply from looking on the website and reading about the purpose of the organization

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption