What to do regarding a gap during an H1B change of employer?

UPDATED: Oct 9, 2014

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Oct 9, 2014Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What to do regarding a gap during an H1B change of employer?

I have been on H1B with company A. I have got another offer from company B, processed my H1B transfer through premium and is approved already. Last working day at my current company A is the 21st of this month and future company B has requested me to join on the 27th as that would be a fresh week start. Will this be be OK? Will this gap cause any problems?

Asked on October 9, 2014 under Immigration Law, Ohio


SB Member California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 8 years ago | Contributor

This should not cause any problems or issues with your status.� You can have a little vacation in between your jobs.� You were in valid status at the time the transfer petition was submitted by the second employer and you do not have to start employment with that company the minute the petition is approved.�

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption