Full-Time Benefits in PA

UPDATED: May 21, 2009

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: May 21, 2009Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Full-Time Benefits in PA

My company is offering to 4 of the 6 full time employees, I get better benefits theough my spouse. Doe smy company have to offer compensation for me and the other employee not taking benfits.

Asked on May 21, 2009 under Insurance Law, Pennsylvania


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 13 years ago | Contributor

No. Absent an employment contract or union contract or discrimination on the basis of age, sex, race, etc. your company can pay you more or less than anyone else, can pay benefits for some people and not others, fire you at will, etc.

A better approach might be to explain to the company you'd appreciate the opportunity for benefits, your spouse currently provides them, there is a cost to her of $X per month from her salary as her share of these benefits, and you'd really appreciate it if the company would either pick that share up (to the extent it would have paid for your benefits), or take that into consideration for bonus and pay purposes.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption