freak accident,loss half of finger

UPDATED: Jun 8, 2009

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Jun 8, 2009Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

freak accident,loss half of finger

Half of finger torn off by an extension cord on job site in Polk County, Florida. I have been told I should receive money. Is this true? Should I contact a personal injury lawyer? i have not loss my job but they are upset that the dr won’t release me at this time.

Asked on June 8, 2009 under Personal Injury, Florida


J.V., Member, New Jersey Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 12 years ago | Contributor

Yes if you were injured like this on the job than you would be best served by contacting a local attorney who specializes in this area of law in Polk County, Florida. On average a case like this may be handled on a contingency and at the very least the initial consultation would be free.

With an injury like this you may be entitled to monetary damages for whatever future problems you will have and any possible earnings lost of lifetstyle changes as a result. In short you should definatley at least speak with a lawyer to get the options all figured out so you know what you can do if anything

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption