five girls jumped me and cut my face

UPDATED: Mar 25, 2009

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

five girls jumped me and cut my face

i was jumped and cut on my face by five girls that i was able to identify and pressed charges against. im 18 and the girls are 15,17,17,18, and 18. what other legal actions can i take to make sure justice is served?

Asked on March 25, 2009 under Criminal Law, New York


MD, Member, California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 13 years ago | Contributor

Charges are criminal in nature.  If they are found guilty, it would be helpful to you in any civil suit you want to file against each one.  For the minors, if the parents knew of the child's violent tendencies or prior acts, the parents can sometimes be held accountable.

Contact an attorney (personal injury) for more information.  Try, check your state's bar.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption