CanI sue for an injury that happened almost 2 years ago?

UPDATED: Oct 27, 2011

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Oct 27, 2011Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

CanI sue for an injury that happened almost 2 years ago?

I was a passenger in a vehicle driven by a drunk driver (she got out of the charges on a technicality but the hospital has her alcohol blood levels). I was cut out of the vehicle (I was hit directly) and hospitalized w neck and various other injuries. Since then, my neck and back have been progressively worse and Ive been seeing a chiropractor. What are my options? I did not sue initially because it was my best friend driving and I felt bad. 2 years later of suffering. I’m not feeling as bad about suing!

Asked on October 27, 2011 under Personal Injury, North Carolina


SJZ, Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 11 years ago | Contributor

Speak to a lawyer *immediately*. Your question does not say which state you are in. Every state has its own

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption