Filed incorrect amount in motion.

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Filed incorrect amount in motion.

I am pro se. Ex was ordered to pay 6500 a

year every December for 10 years total 65000

for my percentage of the business. plus interest

of 3.25. He has never paid it. Missing 2

payments now. I filed a motion to get the court

to make him pay me what I am owed, 2 years

plus interest dated back to settelment date. I

caculated interest incorrectly in his favor in

motion. How can I fix? Do I file an addendum?

Can I call the clerk? Thanks

Asked on February 1, 2017 under Family Law, New Jersey


S.L,. Member, California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 6 years ago | Contributor

To correct the error, file an amended motion which states, The motion to require payments (exact title of motion) by ______ (name of ex)) filed on ______ (date) is amended as follows:  The amount of interest is___________  instead of _______.
 File the amended motion with a proof of service  and mail a conformed (court-stamped) copy to the attorney for your ex or if no attorney, to your ex.
The court should enforce the order pursuant to the amended motion.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption