father bought life ins for me in 1957. Never knew it until they sent 1099. this year.

UPDATED: Jun 3, 2009

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

father bought life ins for me in 1957. Never knew it until they sent 1099. this year.

After contacting them they said I had $2700 in it. When asked to get policy copy, was denied.I surrrendered the policy and they sent $1200.I called again, and(after a long pause) they said a loan,larger than the policy amount was taken out in 1959. Asked for copy of policy and was denied.Transamerica is the Insurance Co

Asked on June 3, 2009 under Insurance Law, Texas


MD, Member, California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 13 years ago | Contributor

Then you need to do the following:

1. Contact your state's Dept of Insurance for potential bad faith, unfair and deceptive practices and/or outright fraud: http://www.tdi.state.tx.us/

2. Contact your state's Attorney General's office for the same thing as in 1 above: www.oag.state.tx.us

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption