failure to pay on a prior charge of theft of property 3rd degree and probation violation

UPDATED: May 21, 2009

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: May 21, 2009Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

failure to pay on a prior charge of theft of property 3rd degree and probation violation

what will probably happen

Asked on May 21, 2009 under Criminal Law, Alabama


M.D., Member, California and New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 13 years ago | Contributor

In Alabama theft of property in the third degree is a Class A misdemeanor.  The fine is up to $500 and up to 1 year in jail.

Since the fine has not been paid there is a chance of incarceration.  However, if all other terms of probation have been met, the Court may give you another chance to pay; possibly it will allow you to make payments over time. 

I'm assuming that you have already spoken about this with your probation officer.  If not, if there were extenauting  circumstances that made it difficult for you to pay let them know.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption