Ex in-laws squatting on my land in mobile home I gave them. I own the land it sits on.

UPDATED: Jul 3, 2009

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Jul 3, 2009Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Ex in-laws squatting on my land in mobile home I gave them. I own the land it sits on.

How can I get help in moving these squatters and their mobile home off my land? I am hard pressed paying off the bills run up for my ex wifes expenses, and the squatters are not doing anything to help with my land’s upkeep.

Asked on July 3, 2009 under Real Estate Law, South Carolina


B. B., Member, New Jersey Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 13 years ago | Contributor

You need to talk to a lawyer about this.  If you allowed them to move onto the land originally, you may have to go to court to get them off.  Otherwise, they're trespassers, and you might be able to just call the police and report them as such.  But you could be sued for that if you're wrong;  talking to an attorney first is cheap insurance.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption