Employment Verification

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Employment Verification

I just got fired from my job because my boss heard I was going to put my 2 weeks in, I told a few people around the office and it got back to her. My new employer already completed a employment verification with the company I just got fired from 2 days ago can this employer send a new verification stating that I was fired?

Asked on February 12, 2019 under Employment Labor Law, Arizona


SJZ, Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 3 years ago | Contributor

Yes, your ex-employer can update their information to your new employer if they want. Any person or business can provide any true information it is aware of to any other person or business unless there was a contract (like a confidentiality or nondisclosure agreement or similar provision in a separation agreement) or court order (such as in the course of a lawsuit) barring disclosure. But in the absence of a court order or contract to the contrary, they may update or supplement their information if they choose. They are not, however, required to update.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption