Employer not giving salary

UPDATED: Sep 30, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Sep 30, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Employer not giving salary

I joined SS infocom company airtel 4g
postpaid through ICICI academy for
skill jaipur.
There is no signed contract between me
and company.
They are imposing daily new rules and
giving me mentally torches now after
one month I want to leave this job but
they are saying that my salary will not
What should I do plz help

Asked on January 1, 2017 under Employment Labor Law, Alaska


SJZ, Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 5 years ago | Contributor

If the "promise" was not part of a written employment, it is not enforceable--the employer can renege on it:
1) Generally, unless there is a written employment contract, all employment is employment at will. This means, among other things, that the employer can set, change, determine, etc. your pay at will--so they can choose to not give you a raise, for example.
2) A promise not backed up by you giving the other side something of value in return ("consideration") is not enforceable in any context, including employment. It is not a contract, but is only a "gratuitious" promise which can be ignored.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption