Emotional Harrassment by a Gynecologist 7 years Ago

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Emotional Harrassment by a Gynecologist 7 years Ago

This is a rather strange circumstance but here goes. About 7 years ago, I went to a new gynecologist for a routine annual exam and was found to have an abnormal pap. I had a small biopsy and it the results were such that I needed to have a LEEP procedure. I was 26, unmarried and had been sexually active in the past but had decided I was going to be abstinent until marriage for personal reasons. The gynecologist was incredibly mean to me. She was visibly disgusted that I was an unmarried non-virgin and told me that my abnormality was

Asked on March 15, 2018 under Malpractice Law, Alaska


SJZ, Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 4 years ago | Contributor

You have a legal right to report her to the state medical licensing board; any patient can report any doctor whom they feel was unprofessional or abusive. However, based on my experience, without evidence of what she did or said, no action will be taken against her--these boards tend to not discipline doctors on a former patient's say-so when the doctor disputes the claims or allegations.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption