EEOC right to sue letter.

UPDATED: May 27, 2009

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: May 27, 2009Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

EEOC right to sue letter.

They don’t feel they found enough evdience to justify my claim, but are still willing to give me a right to sue letter. How is this going to help me?

Asked on May 27, 2009 under Employment Labor Law, Arizona


J.M.A., Member in Good Standing of the Connecticut Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 13 years ago | Contributor

The letter is the first step in the process.  One you have that, you can hire a lawyer to do more indepth discovery, such as issuing written questions and taking depositions of the people that you believe have the information you need.  Plus, the lawyer will be able to ask for documents to support you claim.  The employer will be required to answer the questions under oath and will be required to produce the documents.  To avoid producing documents and subjecting themselves to depositions, the employer may just settle the case.  You need to hire a lawyer to get involved if you want to have a chance of getting resolve.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption