Eating food from maruchan ramen noodles and I have found a magot in my food. Date for food is current and I am so very upset. Is there anything I can do about this

UPDATED: Jan 16, 2018

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Jan 16, 2018Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Eating food from maruchan ramen noodles and I have found a magot in my food. Date for food is current and I am so very upset. Is there anything I can do about this

Food date current and no telling how
many I ate before I discovered this one.

Asked on January 16, 2018 under Personal Injury, Alabama


S.L,. Member, California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 5 years ago | Contributor

If you don't become ill or don't receive medical treatment, you don't have a case because a personal injury claim must be documented with medical treatment.
Notify in writing the insurance carriers for the food manufacturer and the store where you purchased the item of your personal injury claim. When you complete your medical treatment and are released by the doctor, obtain your medical bills, medical reports, and documentation of wage loss. Your claim filed with both insurance carriers should include those items.
Compensation for the medical bills is straight reimbursement. The medical reports determine compensation for pain and suffering which is an amount in addition to the medical bills. Compensation for wage loss is straight reimbursement.
If the case is settled with the insurance carriers for the manufacturer and store, NO lawsuit is filed.
If you are dissatisfied with the settlement offers, reject them and file a lawsuit for negligence and strict liability against the manufacturer and store. If the case has settled with one but not both parties, only name the party with whom the case has not settled as a defendant in your lawsuit.
Negligence on the part of the manufacturer is the failure to  exercise due care to produce a product that is not defective.
Strict liability imposes liability whether or not due care was exercised. 
The store is liable even if it could not have known the product was defective.
If the case is NOT settled, your lawsuit must be filed prior to the expiration of the applicable statute of limitations or you will lose your rights forever in the matter.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption