Easiest and Fastest way to add spouse to deed in Maricopa county Arizona?

UPDATED: Sep 30, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Sep 30, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Easiest and Fastest way to add spouse to deed in Maricopa county Arizona?

What is the easiest and fastest way to add spouse to deed in Maricopa county

Asked on April 8, 2017 under Real Estate Law, Arizona


M.T.G., Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 5 years ago | Contributor

All one would have to do is to go to a real estate attorney and have them draw up a new deed that has the "Grantor" as the spouse that owns it solely to the new "Grantees" as the spouses as husband and wife. There are two types of deeds in Arizona: Quitclaim and Warranty.  Warranty deeds are a "better" deed in that they offer more rights to the new Grantee(s).  Some states also require special language to show that the new owners are husband and wife so there are rights of survivorship between them.  Good luck.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption