DUI outcome in San Bernardino county, California.

UPDATED: Jun 12, 2009

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Jun 12, 2009Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

DUI outcome in San Bernardino county, California.

I have been charged with a DUI violation in San Bernardino county, California (VC23153 (A,B)). I have never been in trouble a day in my life. I already did 4 days in jail. Is there a chance i could get a work release or something other than more jail time????

Asked on June 12, 2009 under Criminal Law, California


M.D., Member, California and New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 12 years ago | Contributor

California Vehicle Code, sections 23153(a) 23153(b): Driving under the influence of alcohol (BAC .08 or more, or .04 or more while driving a commercial vehicle) or drugs and causing bodily injury

Penalty: 1st Offense - 90 days to 1 year county jail, or state prison, 1 year license suspension/revocation, probation, treatment program.  Note:  The court shall give heightened consideration to those with BAC of .20 or more and may order the installation of an Ignition Interlock Device (IID) for up to 3 years. 

Regarding your DUI charge in San Bernardino county, If this is your first offense that certainly will weigh heavily in your favor and, as you can see above, probation is an option.  However, your best bet is to hire a DUI attorney in San Bernardino county, California that specializes in these types of cases. This is a highly technical area of the law and an experienced DUI lawyer in San Bernardino county may be able to get the charges thrown out or at least reduced.  Considering the offenses charged you really should not represent yourself; this is a criminal matter. 

MD, Member, California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 13 years ago | Contributor

Yes but you need a good lawyer to do so. Have you consulted with your public defender? Can you afford private counsel or if you wish to simply consult with one, try www.attorneypages.com and check his or her disciplinary record at www.calbar.ca.gov under attorney search.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption