Does my wife’s boyfriend have the legal right to spank my child and “whip” him with his belt?

UPDATED: Dec 11, 2011

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Dec 11, 2011Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Does my wife’s boyfriend have the legal right to spank my child and “whip” him with his belt?

Can I press charges on him if he refuses to stop?

Asked on December 11, 2011 under Family Law, Florida


David Lee / Law Offices of David Lee

Answered 11 years ago | Contributor

Absolutely!  You should notify the police immediately if you believe your child is being physically abused by ANYONE...  The Police should conduct an investigation and will probably have DCFS involved.  If the alleged abuse is confirmed, your Wife's boyfriend may be arrested for multiple offenses.


For more information on Domestic Battery, visit my website at:

David Lee


IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption