do i qualify for vioxx class action lawsuit?

UPDATED: Jul 3, 2009

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Jul 3, 2009Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

do i qualify for vioxx class action lawsuit?

i was on vioxx for about 6 mos. before vioxx, my bp was 100/70. a new md took me off of it because my bp was pre-hypertensive. it has continued to go up over the yrs & now averages 170/140 sans medication.i NEVER had high bp until after vioxx. can i sue so that they are responsible for my bp medication?

Asked on July 3, 2009 under Personal Injury, Texas


B. B., Member, New Jersey Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 13 years ago | Contributor

I think you can sue, but it sounds like a long shot.  To succeed, you would have to prove to a medical certainty that the vioxx caused your high blood pressure.  If it continued going up for years after you stopped taking vioxx, and you only took vioxx for six months, that might be difficult.

If you have a doctor who's willing to blame the vioxx for this, you should talk to a lawyer, for reliable advice based on all of the facts.  You will have to have the records to prove that you took the vioxx, when you took it, and the history of your blood pressure readings.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption