If I moved, do I need to file a change of address and will it cause delays regarding a N-400?

UPDATED: Sep 30, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Sep 30, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

If I moved, do I need to file a change of address and will it cause delays regarding a N-400?

I am sponsoring my wife. We filled out a N-400, Application for Naturalization and at the time I was unemployed and we were living together. I recently got a job and moved out of state. She is at the old address. Should I fill out an AR-11 or online? Will it delay her citizenship interview?

Asked on May 7, 2017 under Immigration Law, Texas


SB Member California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 5 years ago | Contributor

It should not affect anything or cause a delay but you do need to have a valid address with the USCIS so that the file is set for interview with the appropriate USCIS office and you receive all the correspondence from USCIS.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption