Do i need a lawyer, if my daughter was a passenger in a 1 car accident to pay her med. Bills

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Do i need a lawyer, if my daughter was a passenger in a 1 car accident to pay her med. Bills

My daughter was in a one
car accident and was a
back seat passenger when
the driver hit I’ve and
flipped the car. Her
hospital bill is 25000
dollars . But she has
medicaid and they don’t
want to pay it.

Asked on February 13, 2018 under Personal Injury, Georgia


M.T.G., Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 4 years ago | Contributor

Yes, go and speak with a lawyer about not only suing to recover cost for medical bills but a personal injury action.  The injuries sound substantial.  Generally speaking, health insurance does not want to get involved in paying out a claim for injuries cause by another and the subrogating (suing the other negligent person's carrier) for return of the funds.  Good luck.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption