Do I need a lawyer

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Do I need a lawyer

My son recently moved to Kentucky with a new job and he
is required to drive and he was just arrested for dui. He blew
a .08 and is currently in jail. His trial is on Monday. This is
his first offense ever. He is alone all family is another state
what can I do to help him?

Asked on April 13, 2019 under Criminal Law, Pennsylvania


M.D., Member, California and New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 3 years ago | Contributor

Having an attorney will increase your son's odds of finding some technical and/or procedural violation regarding the incident.Possibly this could be done in regards to the decision to offer you the tests, in how the tests were administered, etc.  If such a violation can be found, it may can result in dismissal of the charge. here are 3 links to articles that youmay find to be of help:Here a links to 2 articles that you may find to be of help: And here is a video on the subject: 

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption