Do I have to write to a judge about a missed hearing?

UPDATED: Feb 22, 2012

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Feb 22, 2012Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Do I have to write to a judge about a missed hearing?

I am going through a divorce, child support and domestic violence case. I just received today a letter stating notice of hearing for today at 9 am, I received the letter today. It was mailed the 17th. I did not have time to go because the mail got here at 11 am. The hearing was for motion to consolidate, from my husbands attorney. Was I supposed to even be there and can I write to the judge and show proof of the letter being stamped the 21st, that I received it today and was not aware of the hearing being today?

Asked on February 22, 2012 under Family Law, Florida


david slater / david p.slater, esq.

Answered 10 years ago | Contributor

Yes, you can write to the jduge (copy to the attorney) if you have an objection to the relief requested.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption