Do I have to pay HOA fees if the HOA management company is not doing what is stated in the agreement?

UPDATED: Mar 20, 2012

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Mar 20, 2012Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Do I have to pay HOA fees if the HOA management company is not doing what is stated in the agreement?

I live in a community that we pay a HOA fee for them to cut grass, seed, sprinkler system, and snow removal. I have had numerous issues with the lawn service cutting my grass when it has just rained heavily and they end up taking chucks of grass and dirt out of my lawn. I have complained multiple times and have spent my own money reseeding to regrow grass. The HOA Management has ignored my request. Do I have to continue to pay for services not rendered?

Asked on March 20, 2012 under Real Estate Law, Missouri


Hong Shen / Roberts Law Group

Answered 10 years ago | Contributor

Not paying HOA will put you in a position of breaching the CCR. Go to board meeting to complain. If you incur any expenses then present the bills to the board for an reimbursement.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption