What to do if I have to pay additional chargesfor photographywork that has been delayed a year and 4 months?

UPDATED: Aug 3, 2011

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Aug 3, 2011Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What to do if I have to pay additional chargesfor photographywork that has been delayed a year and 4 months?

My wedding photographer is delivering my wedding albums a year and 4 months after the wedding. She wants to charge me an additional $1,000 for the additional pages in the album. Can I tell her that I don’t have to pay because of the delay?

Asked on August 3, 2011 Virginia


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 11 years ago | Contributor

Do you have a written contract or estimate that you signed for the photography work that has been completed sixteen months after your wedding? If so, read the agreement in that its terms control your obligations for payment for photographs ordered and the photographer's obligations to charge you a set amount for the photographs that you ordered.

If you are being charged an additional $1,000.00 for the very items that were agreed to be provided, then you do not have to pay the additional amount for what was agreed to be paid. You are entitled to those pages as part of the initial agreed upon price.

You should also review all written documents you have with the photographer about when the photographs were to be provided you. If the photographs are being provided way beyond the agreed upon time period for presentation, and the additional photographs were not part of the agreed upon price, you have some leverage to get the additional photographs at a significant discount assuming you want them.


IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption