Do I have to grant my ex the week of vacation with the kids if it falls on my holiday with them?

UPDATED: Sep 14, 2012

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Sep 14, 2012Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Do I have to grant my ex the week of vacation with the kids if it falls on my holiday with them?

She is threatening police action if I don’t deliver them on my holiday. After I already announced that I have plans with the kids and are going out of state with them due to fall break (which is the 18th and 19th), then it is our weekend to have the kids, she announces that she is taking her vacation starting on the 19th. That’s still our holiday. We told her that’s not going to happen but she said if we don’t drop them off by 4:00 pm (a random time) on the 19th, that she’s going to call the police. I don’t think she has the right to do that, but I don’t want an amber alert being announced or to get arrested.

Asked on September 14, 2012 under Family Law, Oklahoma


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 10 years ago | Contributor

If the custody/visitation order that presumably is in effect allows you to have the children on the holiday that your "ex" wants them, then under this presumed court order you are entitled to have the children on your allotted time.

Rather than getting into some court hearing on the subject, I suggest some form of compromise on the matter. If compromise on the matter is not feasible, then you should consult with a family law attormey to try and get the situation addressed and resolved.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption