DoI have a case if my manager fired me after I told herthat Ionly wanted to be friends?

UPDATED: Dec 21, 2011

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Dec 21, 2011Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

DoI have a case if my manager fired me after I told herthat Ionly wanted to be friends?

She accused her sister, who was my co-worker, of sleeping with me. After which she threw both of us off property in an angry rage – without checks and 250 miles from our homes we where both working contract labor.

Asked on December 21, 2011 under Employment Labor Law, Texas


SJZ, Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 11 years ago | Contributor

If you were the victim of sexual harassment--which includes harassment to have sex, or harassment because you won't have sex--then you may have a legal claim for compensation. If you think this was what happened, you should consult with an employment attorney who can evaluate the situation and advise you as to whether you have a case, what it might be worth, how strong it is, and what it would cost to pursue it. Good luck.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption