Do I have a case?

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Do I have a case?

I have informed my company’s Human resources department that I have been unfairly
targeted and I feel that my Manager is intentionally creating a hostile work
environment in efforts to get rid of me. I feel intimidated and held to a
different standard than the other associates. I have been humiliated in front of
my peers and have witnessed my office Manager admit that she mocks me to other
associates. Upon witnessing this,my General Manager said and did nothing. In
fact, she turned her back while I was being berated and did nothing.

Asked on March 12, 2018 under Employment Labor Law, South Carolina


M.D., Member, California and New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 4 years ago | Contributor

As unfortunate as your working circumstances are, unless this hostile enviornment has been created due to your race, religion, age (over 40), gender, disability or nationality, it is legal. The fact is that a company can set the conditions of the workplace much as it sees fit. That is uness such action/treatment violates the terms of a union agreement or employment contract. 

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption