Divorce but do not have custody of my kids

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Divorce but do not have custody of my kids

I am trying to divorce my wife but neither one of us have custody of our kids. Our kids is in custody of my mother third party for the past 7 years, do I need to file divorce with minor children or divorce without minor children

Asked on February 26, 2018 under Family Law, Tennessee


Stephanie Emanuel / Ahsan A. Syed, PSC INC

Answered 4 years ago | Contributor

This will be Divorce with MINOR CHILD. With the divorce petition, if the custody of the children is not disputed than you need to attach the children custody order with it. It's really difficult to provide guidance without knowing the full facts of the case. It would be best to contact an attorney directly to go over the possible options of proceeding forward in dissolving your marriage without racking up a huge bill.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption