What are the possibilities to have a disorderly conduct charge dismissed/sealed?

UPDATED: Sep 30, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Sep 30, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What are the possibilities to have a disorderly conduct charge dismissed/sealed?

My boyfriend and I were together at a beach where they were doing fireworks. We stayed in the van for the whole show, 30 minutes, and when it was over we got back into the car to eat and waited for everyone in the lot to head out. A cop approached us and told us that it was time to leave. We said we would wrap up and then go. We finished eating and he comes back and we are still in the lot. The cop gave him a ticket and charged him with a disorderly conduct. My boyfriend is extremely worried that this will show up on his record when employers check his record. I told him we can fix this and have it dismissed/sealed? What tips can you guys provide me with? He is also an immigrant ofthe country and has never had anything on his record but the typical speeding parking tickets. Should he plead not guilty? What should we say to help his case?

Asked on July 5, 2016 under Criminal Law, New York


M.D., Member, California and New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 6 years ago | Contributor

Disorderly conduct is a violation and violations do not result in criminal records, however they are punishable by up to 15 days in jail and a fine. That having been said, anytime that a person is charged with a crime, even disorderly conduct, they should consult with a criminal law attorney. This is the best way to ensure that their case has the best outcome.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption