DACA help.

UPDATED: Sep 30, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Sep 30, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

DACA help.

I was brought into the country illegally as a child by my mom 14 years ago. I am now in college and working, paying taxes and dont have any felonies, etc. I recently saw that there is a way for people that entered the country without a visa to get an advanced parole and re-enter the country which would enable me to file for adjustment of my status and apply for permanent resident status. Would this be really possible to do? If so, how much time would the whole process approximately take to reach permanent residency. I also do have close family who are citizens. Would they be able to help me out?

Asked on September 22, 2016 under Immigration Law, New York


SB Member California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 6 years ago | Contributor

No, this is not the case, actually.  If you are in the country unlawfully and entered the country unlawfully and are now over the age of 18, you cannot just depart and reenter and start the adjustment of status process.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption