Does it matter if a cop mistakingly put

UPDATED: Oct 2, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Oct 2, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Does it matter if a cop mistakingly put

I got a speeding ticket and reckless driving ticket in a company vehicle. The cop put that I was unlawfully driving a commercial vehicle on my ticket even though our company vehicles are not commercial. Our gross weight of the car is 5,000 pounds and it holds less than 16 people 5 at most and no one is required to have a CDL. Should I point this out in court or not?

Asked on August 29, 2019 under General Practice, New Jersey


M.D., Member, California and New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 3 years ago | Contributor

The fact is it makes no difference if you were actually speeding and driving recklessly. An error of this sort does not constitute grounds for dismissing such tickets. The fact is that mistakes of this nature happen all of the time. That having been said, if you do point it out to the court, it will have the ticket amended to read correctly.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption