conditional release fromFlorida Department of Corrections

UPDATED: Apr 15, 2009

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

conditional release fromFlorida Department of Corrections

Can the Florida Department of Corrections legally impose C.R.D. on inmates being released from prison making inmates serve earned gain time on probation even if sentencing judge implies no probation to follow? I am a first time offender, sentenced to 32 months D OC serving 85%. If I am released on c.r.d., i will in effect be serving 100% of my sentence. I feel this is wrong because while in prison, I had to work at an institutional job to be awarded gain time. Please respond.

Asked on April 15, 2009 under Criminal Law, Florida


MD, Member, California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 13 years ago | Contributor

You need to review such policies with your probation officer and your criminal defense attorney.  Every situation is different and I cannot begin to speculate based on the facts given herein.  Here is a case you should review and then talk to your lawyer about it:

It appears the question may be if this act by the FDC would have an ex post facto effect on your sentencing and probation.  So, contact your public defender.  If you had private counsel, contact him or her.  If no counsel now, try and the Florida state bar.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption