Complete my naturalization interview but inadvertently answered a question incorrectly.

UPDATED: Mar 16, 2012

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Mar 16, 2012Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Complete my naturalization interview but inadvertently answered a question incorrectly.

Completed my naturalization interview but inadvertently answered a question incorrectly. I was cited for the misdemeanor of disorderly conduct and asked to appear in court the following day. Three days later I had my citizenship interview and passed. Two hours after the interview a friend informed me that I was technically arrested even though I was not detained or told so. I am not sure of what i should do, should I contact the immigration office? get a lawyer?

Asked on March 16, 2012 under Immigration Law, Connecticut


SB, Member, California / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 10 years ago | Contributor

You will have another opportunity to provide the correct information when you are scheduled for the swearing in ceremony, as it will have some questions for you to answer about what may have occurred between the time of the interview and the swearing in ceremony.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption