Child Support in Oklahom

UPDATED: May 19, 2009

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: May 19, 2009Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Child Support in Oklahom

I am a divorced mom of two, ages 15 & 16. They live with their dad so I pay him child support. I recently finished my BSN so I make more money than when the child support was determined. I know he is going to take me back to court to get an increase, because I am taking him for contempt. I have no issue with paying, however I have been working alot of overtime lately to try to get out of debt and pay off student loans. Will the new child support be based on my regular pay or overtime pay. Do they look at your last 3 months pay…or what. I also pay their insurance premiums.

Asked on May 19, 2009 under Family Law, Oklahoma


B. B., Member, New Jersey Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 13 years ago | Contributor

Typically, courts use your actual recent pay stubs as the starting point, including the overtime.  If there is some reason why the overtime in those pay stubs is unusual, that you won't be able to go on making that much money, you can explain that, and sometimes an adjustment can be made.

I think you would be very wise to talk to a family law attorney about this, before you do anything (including trying to have him held in contempt, which you haven't explained here at all).  There are several ways to find the lawyer you need, including our website,

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption