Child **** consumption

UPDATED: Jun 9, 2009

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Jun 9, 2009Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Child **** consumption

Husband consuming child **** in California. Do I report to police? What do I do?

Asked on June 9, 2009 under Criminal Law, California


M.D., Member, California and New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 13 years ago | Contributor

I'm not sure of your situation here.  It looks as though your husband is providing your child with alcohol.  Assuming we are not talking about a very young child or the occasional sip of beer for an older child, these actions are harmful to the health and welfare of your child. 

If this is the case I can only assume that you have already confronted him on this and possibly had other family or friends do the same.  If he has continued with this behavior I don't see any choice but to report him to the police.  Providing alcohol to a minor is a crime; not to mention what it may be doing to your child.  If found guilty aside from other penalties, he'll get court ordered counseling.  Sounds as though he needs it.

Best of luck.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption